Background



Get your myspace layouts where I get them, at pYzam.com.
MySpaceLayouts

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Creative Writing Workshop: Critiques

Personally, I think she have done a fairly good job in her creative writing.
The few things I like about her creative writing are as below:

  1. I like the way she incorporated the use of nativization into her text to make it more Malaysian. For example, she used it in "shut up lah"
  2. I also like the way she featured her story to be in an authentic context that everyone can relate themselves to. As her story centers around school life, I am sure many of us can understand or relate to what the protagonist may be going through as this is a phase we're sure to go through in our life.
  3. Besides that, I admire her style of writing as it is easily understandable for almost anyone. Her choice of words are clear and not too difficult for Malaysian readers.
But, of course there are a few improvements that she can make to turn her story into a better masterpiece.
  1. For one, I think she can spend more creativity on her description. For starters, she could expand a little more about the settings and surroundings of the school.
  2. In addition, I think she can add more literary elements into her writing such as the use of imageries, metaphors and personifications. I personally think these elements are crucial in a good piece of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment